How to… Prepare a Pork Tenderloin
Pork tenderloin is the only cut of pork that can tolerate a high temperature. Tenderloin will cook in about half-an-hour roasted in a 400°F (200°C) oven – talk about great fast food!
- Pat the tenderloin dry with a paper towel.
- Rub the outside of the tenderloin with seasonings as desired.
- Place the tenderloin in a roasting pan.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the tenderloin in the oven for 20-25 minutes; or until an internal temperature of 155°F – 160°F (68°C – 71°C) is reached. Time will vary depending on size of tenderloin piece.
- Remove the tenderloin from the oven, cover in loosely tented aluminum foil for 10 – 15 minutes to allow the juice’s to redistribute, and the internal temperature to rise.
- Slice against the grain (across the tenderloin) into medallions to serve.